- There was no electricity bill in Libya, electricity was free for all its citizens during Gaddafi’s reign.
- There was no interest on loans, banks in Libya were state-owned and loans were given to all its citizens at 0% interest by law.
- Home considered a human right in Libya – Gaddafi vowed that his parents would not get a house until everyone in Libya had a
home. Gaddafi’s father had died while him, his wife and his mother were still living in a tent during his reign.
- All newlyweds in Libya received $60,000 Dinar (US$ 50,000 ) by the government to buy their first apartment so to help start up
- Education and medical treatments was free in Libya. Before Gaddafi only 25% of Libyans are literate. During his reign the figure was 83%.
- If Libyans want to take up farming career, they received farm land, a farming house, equipment, seeds and livestock to kick- start their farms – all for free.
- If Libyans couldn’t find the education or medical facilities they need in Libya, the government used funds them to go abroad for it – not only free but they got US $2, 300/mth accommodation and car allowance.
- In Libyan during Gaddafi reign, if a Libyan buys a car, the government subsidized 50% of the price.
- The price of petrol in Libya is $0. 14 per liter in Gaddafi time.
- Libya had no external debt and its reserves amounted to $150 billion – now frozen globally.
- If a Libyan was unable to get employment after graduation the state would pay the average salary of the profession as if he or she is employed until
employment is found.
- A portion of Libyan oil sale was, credited directly to the bank accounts of all Libyan citizens.
- A mother who gave birth to a child received US $5 ,000
- 40 loaves of bread in Libya costed $ 0.15 during Gaddafi’s reign.
- 25% of Libyans had a university degree , during Gaddafi reign.
- Gaddafi carried out the world’s largest irrigation project, known as the Great Man- Made River project, to make water readily available throughout the desert country.
If this is called “Dictatorship” I wonder what type of Leadership Democrats have.
MAY THE SOUL OF ONE GREAT SON OF AFRICA REST IN PEACE.🙏